Thanks for visiting our website. Wherever you are in your life and spiritual journey, we welcome you. Our hope is to help you get connected with other local people and for all of us to grow in Christ together.
Below are some Questions and Answers that might help:
What time are your services?
We meet every Sunday morning at 10:00 am. (For other church meeting times, click here.)
How should I dress?
One of the things we love about the "Salt Life" is comfortable clothes! So please wear what is comfortable to you. We have folks who enjoy dressing up and others who come casual, in jeans or shorts. We are more concerned with meeting you than with what you’re wearing.
How long has this church been in the area?
Our first worship service was held in 1996. We affiliated with our denomination in 1997. In 2001 we purchased our property on Oslo Road. (For more history, click here.) (For our location, click here.)
Do you have a nursery for young children?
We love children! We provide three options for their care:
- Keep your children in the service with you. Some of our families prefer to have their children as part of the service.
- Sit with your child in the area directly behind the sanctuary. You can hear the service, because sound is provided and you can see what is going on through a large glass window.
- At this time we do not have nursery workers, but we have a beautiful nursery where you can take your child to play.
Two Sundays out of the month, we have a creative children's sermon geared to their level. The adults appreciate it too!
Do you have Sunday School or Children's Church?
At the present time our facilities do not allow for a Sunday school or Children’s Church program, but we have people in the church who would be happy to come to your home to show you how to educate your own children. We can provide training and resources for you to lead your family in the study of the Bible, catechism training, or family devotions. Just speak to the pastor or one of the elders.
How do I become a member of Morning Star Church?
An introductory class helps you fully understand the commitment you will be making with God and His church. Simply let Pastor Dennis know that you would like to attend our "Welcome to Morning Star" class.
Are you affiliated with any denomination?
We belong to the Associate Reformed Presbyterian Church (ARP). The ARP Church was organized in 1782, one of the first churches in the United States, organized soon after the close of the American Revolution. Many advantages come with the maturity of more than 200 years.
- Identity: We know what we believe and what we stand for.
- Stability: We are blessed with a stability and maturity developed over many generations of working through all sorts of theological and social issues.
- History: We appreciate our rich heritage, which reaches back to before the American revolution and even 18th century Scotland.
- Family: We have earned a reputation of being a close-knit, loving denomination.